Re: Parser Cruft in gram.y

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Parser Cruft in gram.y
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2012-12-20 16:04:49 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2012-12-20 15:51:37 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> When doing a source/assembly annotation in SearchCatCache about half of
> the misses are attributed to the memcpy() directly at the beginning.

Using a separate array for storing the arguments instead of copying &
modifying cache->cc_skey yields a 2% speedup in pgbench -S for me...

The attached patch is clearly not ready and I don't really have time &
energy to pursue it right now, but it seems interesting enough to
post. The approach seems solid and sensible although the implementation
is not (too much c&p, no comments).

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения