Re: configure.in and setproctitle/optreset problem

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: configure.in and setproctitle/optreset problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Tom Lane 2012-12-18 <8705.1355845633@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> > The correct fix, IMO/IIRC, is to add LDFLAGS=-Wl,--as-needed before
> > running most of the configure checks, instead of after.
>
> Meh.  It's not clear to me at all that that fixes the issue here,
> or at least that it does so in any way that's reliable.  The proposal
> to add --as-needed during configure was made to fix a different problem,
> namely making the wrong decision about whether libintl needs to be
> pulled in explicitly.  We don't seem to have done anything about that

To me, twiddling with --as-needed sounds like trading one set of
possible problems for a different one, configure checks should be as
deterministic as possible. It might still be that Peter's --as-needed
suggestion is a good fix, but I believe the issue I reported should
also be fixed by the patch Tom sent.

Reiterating a point from my original message, why is -l{readline,edit}
included in these configure checks at all? Most (if not all) of the
function checks in that block are not related to input editing anyway.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Christoph Berg
--
Tel.: +49 (0)21 61 / 46 43-187
credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080