Re: [ADMIN] Problems with enums after pg_upgrade

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Problems with enums after pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2012-12-18 13:24:12 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Bernhard Schrader <bernhard.schrader@innogames.de> writes:
> > Beside of that, we tested a little bit more with the failing query:
> > The statement which is causing the error is a big UPDATE-statement with
> > FROM. After some testing we figured out that the subselect in the
> > FROM-clause is working fine. And if we simplify the UPDATE-statement
> > it's also working. We're able to show the data and we're able to do
> > simple updates on the table. But the two things combined are not
> > working.
>
> Does the table being updated have any indexes on enum columns?  I'm
> suspicious that the bogus OID is in an index page somewhere, and not
> in the table at all.

I already wondered whether it could be a problem caused by pg_upgrade
not ignoring invalid indexes until recently, but I don't really see how
it could cause an invalid oid to end up in the index.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

--Andres Freund                       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with enums after pg_upgrade
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with enums after pg_upgrade