Re: Strange errors from 9.2.1 and 9.2.2 (I hope I'm missing something obvious)

От David Gould
Тема Re: Strange errors from 9.2.1 and 9.2.2 (I hope I'm missing something obvious)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:58:58 -0700
Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM, David Gould <daveg@sonic.net> wrote:
> >
> > I'm sure I've had a stroke or something in the middle of the night and just
> > didn't notice, but I'm able to reproduce the following on three different
> > hosts on both 9.2.1 and 9.2.2. As far as I know the only difference between
> > these queries is whitespace since I just up-arrowed them in psql and
> > deleted a space or <lf>. And as far as I can tell none of these errors are
> > correct.
> >
> > Complete transcript, freshly started 9.2.2.
> >
> > dg@jekyl:~$ psql
> > psql (9.2.2)
> > Type "help" for help.
> >
> > dg=# CREATE TABLE t (
> >  i INTEGER,
> >  PRIMARY KEY (i)
> > );
> > ERROR:  type "key" does not exist
> > LINE 3:  PRIMARY KEY (i)
>
> Hrm, although I didn't see such characters in your above text, perhaps
> you have some odd Unicode characters in your input. For example, the
> attached superficially similar input file will generate the same error
> message for me. (The odd character in my input is U+2060, 'Word
> Joiner', encoded 0xE2 0x81 0xA0.)

Thank you. I got the example via cut and paste from email and pasted it
into psql on different hosts. od tells me it ends each line with:
 \n followed by 0xC2 0xA0 and then normal spaces. The C2A0 thing is apparently NO-BREAK SPACE. Invisible, silent,
odorlessbut still deadly.

Which will teach me not to accept text files from the sort of people who
write code in Word I guess.

-dg

--
David Gould              510 282 0869         daveg@sonic.net

Сообщение: Re: Logical decoding & exported base snapshot
Сообщение: Re: Logical decoding & exported base snapshot