Re: Dumping an Extension's Script

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Dumping an Extension's Script
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine escribió:

> > Well, there's certainly a point, because IIUC Dimitri's patch dumps
> > the file into the pg_dump output no matter whether the file originally
> > came from an SQL command or the filesystem.  IMHO, anyone who thinks
> > that isn't going to break things rather badly isn't thinking hard
> > enough.
>
> Only if you ask for it using --extension-script. The default behaviour
> didn't change, whether you decide to install your extension from the
> file system or the PostgreSQL port.

What happens on a normal pg_dump of the complete database?  For
extensions that were installed using strings instead of files, do I get
a string back?  Because if not, the restore is clearly going to fail
anyway.

I mean, clearly the user doesn't want to list the extensions, figure
which ones were installed by strings, and then do pg_dump
--extension-script on them.