Re: Review: Extra Daemons / bgworker

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Review: Extra Daemons / bgworker
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 5 December 2012 15:09, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Here's a first attempt at a new documentation chapter.  This goes in
> > part "Server Programming", just after the SPI chapter.
> >
> > I just noticed that worker_spi could use some more sample code, for
> > example auth_counter was getting its own LWLock and also its own shmem
> > area, which would be helpful to demonstrate I think.
>
> "to run once" -> "to run when"

Thanks.

> Prefer
> BgWorkerStart_ConsistentState to be renamed to BgWorkerRun_InHotStandby
> BgWorkerStart_RecoveryFinished to be renamed to BgWorkerRun_InNormalMode
>
> presumably a process will shutdown if (BgWorkerRun_InHotStandby &&
> !BgWorkerRun_InNormalMode)

Hmm, no, I haven't considered that.  You mean that a bgworker that
specifies to start at BgWorkerStart_ConsistentState will stop once
normal mode is reached?  Currently they don't do that.  And since we
don't have the notion that workers stop working, it wouldn't work --
postmaster would start them back up immediately.