Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2012-12-05 18:08:01 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2012-12-05 11:40:16 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > > Basically the whole logical arround recoveryApply seems to be broken
> > > currently. Because if recoveryApply=false we currently don't pause at
> > > all because we jump out of the apply loop with the break.
> >
> > Huh?  That break is after the pause:
> >
> >                 /*
> >                  * Have we reached our recovery target?
> >                  */
> >                 if (recoveryStopsHere(record, &recoveryApply))
> >                 {
> >                     /*
> >                      * Pause only if users can connect to send a resume
> >                      * message
> >                      */
> >                     if (recoveryPauseAtTarget && standbyState == STANDBY_SNAPSHOT_READY)
> >                     {
> >                         SetRecoveryPause(true);
> >                         recoveryPausesHere();
> >                     }
> >                     reachedStopPoint = true;    /* see below */
> >                     recoveryContinue = false;
> >                     if (!recoveryApply)
> >                         break;
> >                 }
>
> Oh, yea. I mixed what I read in the patch and what exists today in my
> mind, sorry for that.
>
> But it still seems rather strange that we break out of the loop
> depending on recovery_target_inclusive which is what recoveryApply
> basically is set to.

That part is obviously bullshit as we also set recoveryContinue = false
which means we will jump out of the loop later. Only after waiting for
another record though ...

Man, that file is confusing.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2
Сообщение: Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2