Re: Review: Dumping an Extension's Script

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: Review: Dumping an Extension's Script
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 1) I don't know if community is really looking for this functionality, I
> followed the thread a bit and appraently there is a disagreement over it. I
> will not comments on that. Let the big guys decide if they really want this
> feature.

I saw very few distinct people voting on that.
I think this is a killer feature to improve extension usage.

The use-case is very clear and confirmed (and has been explained by Dimitri
already : deploy extension in several hundreds of database without setting up
ton's of new connections, ip/user/password association, etc. just a single sql
command)
BTW I can dump everything from port 5432, except extensions (I can even run
pg_basebackup instead of rsync !).

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/