Re: extension installation faillure using VPATH and MODULEDIR

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: extension installation faillure using VPATH and MODULEDIR
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Le samedi 1 décembre 2012 18:44:12, Tom Lane a écrit :
> Cédric Villemain <cedric@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > the attached patch fix the extension installation using a VPATH when a
> > MODULEDIR is defined in the extension Makefile.
> >
> > The current issue is that the sharedir/extension directory is not created
> > if MODULEDIR != 'extension' i.e. MODULEDIR is defined in the Makefile.
> > Thus 'make install' fail to copy the control file in an nonexistent
> > directory.
>
> [ scratches head ... ]  What's this have to do with VPATH?
>
> I see the point that if EXTENSION is set, and a nondefault MODULEDIR is
> selected, the "install" target puts the control file into the extension
> subdirectory which hasn't been made by installdirs.  But that seems not
> connected to VPATH builds.

I just hit the bug and though it was relative to VPATH because it was the main
difference in my build. Obviously in my others scenariii the extension/
directory was pre-existent and I didn't notice the problem.

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/