Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2012-12-01 10:55:09 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> This does make me wonder why pg_restore supports --single-transaction if
> it has known failure cases (that are not documented in the pg_restore
> manual page, only in the ALTER TYPE manual page).  Are users really
> going to know if their database has objects that are not supported by
> --single-transaction?

That problem only exists in binary upgrade mode, in plain mode the enum
is created with all values in one CREATE TYPE ... AS ENUM(...)
statement. So the problem simply doesn't exist there.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work
Сообщение: Re: --single-transaction hack to pg_upgrade does not work