Re: Restore postgres to specific time

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Restore postgres to specific time
Дата
Re: Restore postgres to specific time  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
wd wrote:

> the time is between backup start and stop.

That is the problem -- until the point where pg_stop_backup() was
run PostgreSQL can't be sure of having a consistent database. It is
waiting from enough WAL to get it there. My practice is always to
keep the last two base backups and all WAL from the start of the
earlier one to current. If I want to recover to a point in time
which was during a backup, I use the previous base backup, which is
complete and usable.

It does seem that there is an opportunity here to make it more
clear what is happening.

-Kevin