Re: High SYS CPU - need advise

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: High SYS CPU - need advise
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vlad wrote:

> it's session mode and the pool size is 1200 (cause I need to
> grantee that in the worst case we have enough slots for all
> possible clients),

We found that the real-world production performance of a web
application servicing millions of we hits per day with thousands of
concurrent users improved when we reconfigured our database
connection pool to be about 35 instead of 55, on a 16 core box with a
40 drive RAID.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Number_Of_Database_Connections

-Kevin