Re: Experiences with pl/Java

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Experiences with pl/Java
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas wrote:

> have tested further combinations - without success - any other
> idea?

> [attempts to use Java parameter list for PostgreSQL OUT parameters]

My guess is that for a single PostgreSQL OUT parameter you should
make your Java function return a value of that type and omit the
parameter from the Java function signature. PostgreSQL implements OUT
parameters in a different way from what I've seen in other products:
a single OUT parrameter is the same as specifying the type in the
RETURNS for the function. Specifying multiple OUT parameters returns
a record with matching fields.

That always seems odd to me, but at this point it is very unlikely to
change.

-Kevin