Re: PostgreSQL and a clustered file system

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and a clustered file system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ivan,

* Ivan Voras (ivoras@freebsd.org) wrote:
> Is anyone running PostgreSQL on a clustered file system on Linux? By
> "clustered" I actually mean "shared", such that the same storage is
> mounted by different servers at the same time (of course, only one
> instance of PostgreSQL on only one server can be running on such a
> setup, and there are a lot of other precautions that need to be satisfied).

Yes.  I've seen PG used across both DRBD and OCFS2.  It can be made to
work quite well as an HA setup, provided you do appropriate fencing to
make sure that two postmasters don't end up trying to access the data
directory at the same time, etc, etc.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Enabling Autovacuum Postgres 9.1 (was Unexpectedly high disk space usage)
Сообщение: Re: Enabling Autovacuum Postgres 9.1 (was Unexpectedly high disk space usage)