Re: AutoVacuum starvation from sinval messages

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: AutoVacuum starvation from sinval messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>> One of us is confused, because IIUC Tom just fixed this this
>> morning, and I'm trying to figure out how many users will be
>> affected by it, and how seriously. Like, do we need an immediate
>> minor release?
>
> You asked what provokes starvation, and the answer is nothing
> anymore, since Tom's commit. No confusion here...

So for all those end users running production with a build compiled
from HEAD after Tom's commit this morning there is no issue. I'm
wondering about those using something else in production. What does
it take for their autovacuum to be stalled?

-Kevin