Re: Out of shared mem on new box with more mem, 9.1.5 -> 9.1.6

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Out of shared mem on new box with more mem, 9.1.5 -> 9.1.6
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Maciek Sakrejda wrote:

> Before the switch, everything was running fine.

One thing to look for is a connection stuck in "idle in transaction"
or old prepared transactions in pg_prepared_xacts. Either will cause
all sorts of problems, but if you are using serializable transactions
the error you are seeing is often the first symptom. I'm starting to
think we should add something about that to the hint.

On the other hand, it could just be that you need to increase the
setting the hint currently references. For complex databases it is
definitely on the low side. It is really low if you have tables with
hundreds of partitions which might get referenced by a single query.

-Kevin