Re: Incorrect behaviour when using a GiST index on points

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Incorrect behaviour when using a GiST index on points
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 01:58:40PM -0400, Noah Misch wrote:

> In any event, I think we should entertain a patch to make the GiST operator
> class methods bug-compatible with corresponding operators.  Even if we decide
> to change operator behavior in HEAD, the back branches could use it.

We have broad agreement that the specific implementation of fuzz in geometric
comparison operators is shoddy, but nobody has voiced interest in designing a
concrete improvement.  I propose adding a TODO item "Remove or improve
rounding in geometric comparison operators", endorsing Alexander's design, and
reviewing his patch.  Objections?