Re: Pre-alloc ListCell's optimization

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Pre-alloc ListCell's optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 06:19:52PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Dropping it to 4 improved performance a bit: 9476 tps.
> >
> > Going to keep playing around and see where this goes.
>
> Any status on this?

Based on the test runs that I did using Josh's box (thanks!), the
performance with the pre-allocation patch and an pre-alloc of 8 ends up
being about a wash.  Allocating less (4) or more (16) actually makes
things worse.  I've been playing with perf to see if I can figure out
what's going on.  That hasn't been terribly productive thus far.  It's a
bit frustrating.  Rest assured, I'll post to the list if I'm able to
make any good headway on improving performance with this approach.
Thanks,
    Stephen