Re: plperl sigfpe reset can crash the server

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: plperl sigfpe reset can crash the server
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Saturday, August 25, 2012 06:38:09 AM Tom Lane wrote:
> > Doing a pqsignal(SIGFPE, FloatExceptionHandler) after PERL_SYS_INIT3
> > seems to work. Is that acceptable?
>
> Surely that's breaking perl's expectations, to more or less the same
> degree they're breaking ours?
Well. Their expectation simply does not work *at all* because they do
something (setting SIGFPE to SIG_IGN) which is completely ignored on at least
one major platform (x86 linux) for longer than it has git history.

Their math code seems to work around generating such errors, but I find it
rather hard to read (or rather read & understand).

Doing what I proposed admittedly has the issue that we would jump out of perl
code without much ado. I have no idea whats the proper perly way to do so is.
It just seems we should do something...

if (in_perl)  return;

Would be the equivalent of what they want?

Greetings,

Andres
--
Andres Freund        http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade's exec_prog() coding improvement
От: Florian Weimer
Сообщение: Re: Covering Indexes