Re: plperl sigfpe reset can crash the server

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: plperl sigfpe reset can crash the server
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Saturday, August 25, 2012 12:15:00 AM Alex Hunsaker wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
wrote:
> > We probably should workaround that bug anyway given that its a pretty
> > trivial DOS using only a trusted language and it will take quite some
> > time to push out newer perl versions even if that bug gets fixed.
> >
> > Doing a pqsignal(SIGFPE, FloatExceptionHandler) after PERL_SYS_INIT3
> > seems to work. Is that acceptable?
>
> Makes sense to me. (I have not looked to see if there is some perl
> knob we can flip for this)
I couldn't find any.  After some macro indirection the signal() call ends up
being done unconditionally by a compiled function (Perl_sys_init3) without any
conditions, so I don't think there is much that can be done without changing
perl's source code...

Andres
--
Andres Freund        http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: Alex Hunsaker
Сообщение: Re: plperl sigfpe reset can crash the server
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: PATCH: optimized DROP of multiple tables within a transaction