Re: plperl sigfpe reset can crash the server

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: plperl sigfpe reset can crash the server
Дата
Re: plperl sigfpe reset can crash the server
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday, August 24, 2012 06:55:04 AM Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:17:22 PM Andres Freund wrote:
> >> While debugging an instance of this bug I noticed that plperlu always
> >
> >> removes the SIGFPE handler and sets it to ignore:
> > In fact it can be used to crash the server:
> Um ... how exactly can that happen, if the signal is now ignored?
My man 2 signal tells me:
"According  to POSIX, the behavior of a process is undefined after it ignores
a SIGFPE, SIGILL, or SIGSEGV signal that was not generated by kill(2) or
raise(3)."

Killing the process is a kind of undefined behaviour ;)

Andres

Services

Сообщение: Re: plperl sigfpe reset can crash the server
Сообщение: Re: plperl sigfpe reset can crash the server