Re: multi-master pgbench?

От David Fetter
Тема Re: multi-master pgbench?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 06:26:00AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> >> I am thinking about to implement "multi-master" option for pgbench.
> >> Supose we have multiple PostgreSQL running on host1 and host2.
> >> Something like "pgbench -c 10 -h host1,host2..." will create 5
> >> connections to host1 and host2 and send queries to host1 and host2.
> >> The point of this functionality is to test some cluster software which
> >> have a capability to create multi-master configuration.
> >>
> >> Comments?
> >
> > To distinguish it from simply running separate pgbench tests for each
> > host, would this somehow test propagation of the writes?  Such a thing
> > would be quite useful, but it seems at first glance like a large
> > project.
>
> What does "propagation of the writes" mean?

I apologize for not being clear.  In a multi-master system, people
frequently wish to know how quickly a write operation has been
duplicated to the other nodes.  In some sense, those write operations
are incomplete until they have happened on all nodes, even in the
asynchronous case.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!