Re: multi-master pgbench?

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: multi-master pgbench?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I do not intended to implement such a feature. As I wrote in the
>> subject line, I intended to enhance pgbench for "multi-master"
>> configuration. IMO, any node on multi-master configuration should
>> accept *any* queries, not only read queries but write queries. So bare
>> PostgreSQL streaming replication configuration cannot be a
>> multi-master configuration and will not be a target of the new
>> pgbench.
>
> Well, you're being shortsighted then, because such a feature will barely
> have hit the git repository before somebody wants to use it differently.
> I can easily imagine wanting to stress a master plus some hot-standby
> slaves, for instance; and that would absolutely require being able to
> direct different subsets of the test scripts to different hosts.

I don't see any practical way to implement such a tool because there's
always a chance to try to retrieve non existing data from hot-standby
because of replication delay.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: multi-master pgbench?
От: "Wang, Chaoyong"
Сообщение: Re: problem when optimizing the window aggregation