Re: Linux memory zone reclaim

От: Bruce Momjian
Тема: Re: Linux memory zone reclaim
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Linux memory zone reclaim  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Dave Crooke, )
  Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
 Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (John Lister, )
  Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
   Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
    Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
    Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (John Lister, )
     Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
     Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Scott Marlowe, )
     Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
 Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Josh Berkus, )
    Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Scott Marlowe, )
     Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Bruce Momjian, )

> node distances:
> node   0   1   2   3
>   0:  10  11  11  11
>   1:  11  10  11  11
>   2:  11  11  10  11
>   3:  11  11  11  10
>
> When considering a hardware purchase, it might be wise to pay close
> attention to how "far" a core may need to go to get to the most
> "distant" RAM.

Yikes, my server is certainly asymmetric:

    node distances:
    node   0   1
      0:  10  21
      1:  21  10

and my Debian Squeeze certainly knows that:

    $ cat <  /proc/sys/vm/zone_reclaim_mode
    1

Server specs:

    http://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2012.html#January_20_2012

I have 12 2GB DDR3 DIMs.

Of course, my home server is ridiculously idle too.  :-)

--
  Bruce Momjian  <>        http://momjian.us