Re: Linux memory zone reclaim

От: Bruce Momjian
Тема: Re: Linux memory zone reclaim
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Linux memory zone reclaim  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Dave Crooke, )
  Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
 Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (John Lister, )
  Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
   Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
    Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
    Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (John Lister, )
     Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
     Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Scott Marlowe, )
     Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Claudio Freire, )
 Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: Linux memory zone reclaim  (Josh Berkus, )

  --------------------------------
> it also makes sense in all cases to use the more complicated memory
> interleaving suggestions that MySQL users have implemented,
> something most people would need to push into their PostgreSQL
> server started up scripts in /etc/init.d  (That will be a fun
> rpm/deb packaging issue to deal with if this becomes more
> wide-spread)  Suggestions on whether that is necessary, or if just
> disabling zone_reclaim is enough, are welcome from anyone who wants
> to try and benchmark it.

Should I be turning it off on my server too?  It is enabled on my
system.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <>        http://momjian.us