Re: Drop statistics?

От David Kerr
Тема Re: Drop statistics?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 01:27:51PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
- David Kerr <dmk@mr-paradox.net> writes:
- > I'm trying to work through a root cause on a performance problem. I'd like to
- > be able to "show" that a problem was fixed by analyzing the table.
-
- > what i've done is
- > set default_statistics_target=1
- > analyze <Table>
-
- > That gets rid of most of the rows in pg_stats, but i'm still getting decent performance.
-
- I usually do something like
-
- DELETE FROM pg_statistic WHERE starelid = 'foo'::regclass;
-
- (you need to be superuser to be allowed to do this).
-
- You may need to keep an eye on whether auto-analyze is coming along and
- undoing what you did, too.
-
-             regards, tom lane
-