Re: Testing 9.2 in ~production environment

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Testing 9.2 in ~production environment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Monday, June 18, 2012 12:51:51 AM James Cloos wrote:
> I'm giving 9.2-beta2 a test simulating a production workflow.
>
> Everything looks OK except the speed.  Most (all?) queries take about
> five to six times as long as they do with 9.1.
>
> The configurations are essentially the same, the query plans are the same.
Is it possible that you compiled with assertions enabled? That would roughly
fit that magnitude. SHOW debug_assertions; Should show you whether it was
enabled.

Greetings,

Andres

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: sortsupport for text
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Testing 9.2 in ~production environment