Re: pg_upgrade: "pg_ctl failed to start the new server"

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade: "pg_ctl failed to start the new server"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 08:03:49AM -0400, Evan D. Hoffman wrote:
> So it appears the problem was inability to connect, although
> pg_upgrade reported that it couldn't start the server (I assume
> ability to connect is how it determines whether or not the server was
> started).

Ah, OK, so it was the connection that failed.  I wasn't aware pg_ctl
start could fail in that case (we added PGping), but obviously it can.

The attached patch applied to PG 9.2 and current will give a more
appropriate error message saying it might be a connection problem.

Вложения