Re: Insane behaviour in 8.3.3

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Insane behaviour in 8.3.3
Дата
Re: Insane behaviour in 8.3.3  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-sql

On Πεμ 14 Ιουν 2012 11:39:35 Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> Unfortunately the remote installations are neither physically accessible
> nor by TCP/IP accesible (comms are done via UUCP and administration via
> minicom, and the costs are just huge 5 USD/min for 33Kbits/sec). So, i
> would exhaust all posibilities before deciding to ship a new postgresql
> version there, and remotely upgrade, physically travel to the ship or even
> trying to do a backup/initdb/restore in the existing version. Any help
> would be really really appreciated.
>
> Also, as you might have understood, upgrading, although generally a good
> idea, does not apply so easily in our case.

And i forgot to mention, minicom term emulation quality sucks, even giving simple
shell commands is a PITA, upgrading the whole fleet would mean bast case scenario
minimum 21K USD for the whole fleet + suspension of all other activities for two months.
If physical travel was involved, the cost would be increased at even higher levels.

-
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEPT

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Insane behaviour in 8.3.3
Сообщение: Re: Insane behaviour in 8.3.3