Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add ERROR msg for GLOBAL/LOCAL TEMP is not yet implemented

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add ERROR msg for GLOBAL/LOCAL TEMP is not yet implemented
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 05:50:36PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Applied with some further wordsmithing on docs and comments.  We can
> still tweak this if anyone objects, of course, but I thought it'd
> probably save work to get it in before the branch.

Thanks.
 The SQL standard also distinguishes between global and local temporary tables, where a local temporary table is only
visiblewithin a specific SQL module, though its definition is still shared across sessions.  Since PostgreSQL does not
supportSQL modules, this distinction is not relevant in PostgreSQL.

That new documentation paragraph describes the standard behavior for DECLARE
LOCAL TEMPORARY TABLE.  CREATE LOCAL TEMPORARY TABLE produces a table
available to all modules but having one instance of its contents per module,
per session.  With GLOBAL, by contrast, all modules see the same table
contents during a given session.

nm

Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets