Re: Problem with pg_upgrade 8.3 to 9.1.4 - clog missing?!

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Problem with pg_upgrade 8.3 to 9.1.4 - clog missing?!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 09:16:49PM +0200, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> hi
> I just upgraded test copy of database of our customer (~ 600GB of data).
> upgrade went fine, no errors. but vacuumdb -azv ended with an error:
>
> => vacuumdb --all --analyze -p 6665
> vacuumdb: vacuuming database "client_db"
> vacuumdb: vacuuming database "pg_audit"
> vacuumdb: vacuuming database "postgres"
> vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "postgres" failed: ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 860626316
> DETAIL:  Could not open file "pg_clog/0334": No such file or directory.
>
> I know we had these kind of errors before, but I thought they all got fixed.
>
> What can I do to debug it more?
>
> 8.3 was 8.3.16.
> 8.3.16 is from rpms, 9.1.4 is from source compilation.
>
> both have integer datatimes, and both are for 64bit linux.

I assume 8.3 vacuumdb did not generate these errors.  If it was 8.4 I
would suggest it was because we don't copy visibility map files from
pre-9.1 because those were not crash-safe, but 8.3 didn't have
visibility map files (added in PG 8.4), so 8.3 should have been checking
the exact same transaction ids as 9.1.

Basically, I can't think of a cause.