Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Run pgindent on 9.2 source tree in preparation for first 9.3

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Run pgindent on 9.2 source tree in preparation for first 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:20:13PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > Hm, does this touch stuff that would also be modified by perltidy?  I
> > > wonder if we should refrain from doing entab/detab on perl files and
> > > instead have perltidy touch such code.
>
> > The Perl files were modified by perltidy and not by pgindent, as
> > documented in the pgindent README:
> >
> >     9) Indent the Perl MSVC code:
> >
> >             cd src/tools/msvc
> >             perltidy -b -bl -nsfs -naws -l=100 -ole=unix *.pl *.pm
>
> Oh, I see.  That's great then.  Should those change be committed
> separately, just to avoid confusion?  BTW those aren't the only Perl

Not sure.  I just followed the README instructions.  I should just
probably mention the Perl files were not processed by pgindent on the
commit.

> files in the source tree -- we also have the genbki stuff, for example.
> (There is already some inconsistency in tabs/spaces in genbki.pl
> already)

I was not aware of them.  If you want them run, would you update the
pgindent README to mention them please?

> > > Perhaps the thing to do is ensure that perltidy also uses tabs instead
> > > of spaces.
> >
> > If you would like 'entab' run on the Perl files, let me know.
>
> Whatever perltidy emits is fine with me, but should we consider passing
> -et=4 to perltidy?

No idea.  I do not work in those files enough to have an opinion.

http://enterprisedb.com