Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday, June 07, 2012 06:20:32 PM Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Thursday, June 07, 2012 05:55:11 PM Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Honza Horak <hhorak@redhat.com> writes:
> >>
> >> I don't really want to go there.
> >
> > It would be really nice to have a development psql connect to a distro
> > installed psql and vice versa without having to specify -h /var/run/psql
> > and - h /tmp all the time...
>
> I don't find that "nice" at all.  Which server did you actually connect
> to?  How do you control it?  You're going to end up needing the -h
> switch anyway.
They can't run on the same port anyway unless you disable listening on
localhost. Changing a single port number is far less effort than typing -h
/var/run/postgresql ;)

Anyway, I am not wed to this, and I don't plan to put work into it so I better
shut up ;)

Andres
Services

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: XLog changes for 9.3
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: "page is not marked all-visible" warning in regression tests