Re: "page is not marked all-visible" warning in regression tests

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: "page is not marked all-visible" warning in regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday, June 07, 2012 06:08:34 PM Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
wrote:
> > On Thursday, June 07, 2012 04:27:32 PM Robert Haas wrote:

> > The visibilitymap_clear/PageClearAllVisible in heap_multi_insert should
> > be moved into the critical section, shouldn't it?
>
> Yes, it should.  I was thinking maybe we could go the other way and
> have heap_insert do it before starting the critical section, but
> that's no good: clearing the visibility map bit is part of the
> critical data change, and we can't do it and then forget to WAL-log
> it.
You could do a visibilitymap_pin outside, but I don't really see the point as
the page is already locked. There might be some slight benefit in doing so in
multi_insert but that would be more complicated. And of doubtful benefit.

> Updated patch attached.
Looks good.

Andres
Services

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets