Re: XLog changes for 9.3

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: XLog changes for 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thursday, June 07, 2012 05:51:07 PM Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 7 June 2012 14:50, Heikki Linnakangas
>
> <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > These changes will help the XLogInsert scaling patch
>
> ...and as I'm sure you're aware will junk much of the replication code
> and almost certainly set back the other work that we have brewing for
> 9.3. So this is a very large curve ball you're throwing there.
It's not that bad. Most of that code is pretty abstracted, the changes to
adapt to that should be less than 20 lines. And it would remove some of the
complexity.

> Personally, I don't think we should do this until we have a better
> regression test suite around replication and recovery because the
> impact will be huge but I welcome the suggested changes themselves.
Hm. One could regard the logical rep stuff as a testsuite ;)

> If you are going to do this in 9.3, then it has to be early in the
> first Commit Fest and you'll need to be around to quickly follow
> through on all of the other subsequent breakages it will cause,
> otherwise every other piece of work in this area will be halted or
> delayed.
Yea, I would definitely welcome an early patch.

Greetings,

Andres

Services

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets