Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Тема: Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-hackers

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Tatsuo Ishii, )
 Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Stephen Frost, )
   Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Tatsuo Ishii, )
 Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Robert Haas, )
    Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Jeff Janes, )
      Re: [PERFORM] pg_dump and thousands of schemas  (Robert Haas, )

>> Yeah, Jeff's experiments indicated that the remaining bottleneck is lock
>> management in the server.  What I fixed so far on the pg_dump side
>> should be enough to let partial dumps run at reasonable speed even if
>> the whole database contains many tables.  But if psql is taking
>> AccessShareLock on lots of tables, there's still a problem.
>
> Ok, I modified the part of pg_dump where tremendous number of LOCK
> TABLE are issued. I replace them with single LOCK TABLE with multiple
> tables. With 100k tables LOCK statements took 13 minutes in total, now
> it only takes 3 seconds. Comments?

Shall I commit to master and all supported branches?
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

В списке pgsql-hackers по дате сообщения: