Re: [GENERAL] Forcefully adding a CHECK constrained

От Catalin(ux) M. Boie
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Forcefully adding a CHECK constrained
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello.

Now I understand why I was not clear.

From what I understood, NOT VALID feature will not allow for the CHECK to be used in queries. So, for partitioning, my goal, is critical that the CHECK condition to be used.

I hope I make myself clear now: I want a possibility to add a CHECK that will be used for partitioning without having to read all data for validation.

of course, as I said, I will implement the future if PostgreSQL developers think that is useful.

Thank you for your time.

--
Catalin(ux) M. BOIE
http://kernel.embedromix.ro