Re: High load average in 64-core server , no I/O wait and CPU is idle

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: High load average in 64-core server , no I/O wait and CPU is idle
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Rajesh,

* Rajesh Kumar. Mallah (mallah@tradeindia.com) wrote:
> We are  puzzled why the CPU and DISK I/O system are not being utilized
> fully and would seek lists' wisdom on that.

What OS is this?  What kernel version?

> just a thought, will it be a good idea to partition the host hardware
> to 4 equal  virtual environments , ie 1 for master (r/w) and 3 slaves r/o
> and distribute the r/o load on the 3 slaves ?

Actually, it might help with 9.1, if you're really running into some
scalability issues in our locking area..  You might review this:

http://rhaas.blogspot.com/2012/04/did-i-say-32-cores-how-about-64.html

That's a pretty contrived test case, but I suppose it's possible your
case is actually close enough to be getting affected also..

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: High load average in 64-core server , no I/O wait and CPU is idle
Сообщение: Re: High load average in 64-core server , no I/O wait and CPU is idle