Re: How could we make it simple to access the log as a table?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: How could we make it simple to access the log as a table?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh,

* Josh Berkus (josh@agliodbs.com) wrote:
> Certainly this can be done ad-hoc using CSV format and csv_fdw.
> However, such setups are fragile due to log rotation and other issues.
> It seems like we could come up with a better way.  Ideas?

This is really where I was hoping to eventually get to with the logging
changes that have been discussed over the past couple of years.  We need
to have a mechanism to allow logging to different places, based on
information included in the log message and/or context, where one of
those places could potentially be some kind of receiver process that
then dumps the message into a table, either on the local system or on a
remote system.

What exactly all of that looks like and how it works is a pretty big
discussion, but I'd definitely love to hear from others who are
interested in changes to our logging infrastructure.
Thanks,
    Stephen