Re: Draft release notes complete

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Draft release notes complete
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 05:31:15PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > I use the doc build to show patch submitters what their final work looks
> > like, and anything more than a few minutes delay makes that useless.
> >

> Anything that runs off the main git repo would be useless there, since it would
> never show up prior to commit.

I will commit something then send them a URL saying, "Hey, committed,
look here for the results."

> If people want the main docs building more often that's not really a problem
> other than time - we just need to decouple it from the buildfarm and run a
> separate job for it. It's not rocket science..

I do think we need to do that.  The release note publication was stalled
for 90 minutes just in this one case.  The docs are still hard enough to
build that I can imagine others would like to have quick feedback.

http://enterprisedb.com