Re: Draft release notes complete

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Draft release notes complete
Дата
Re: Draft release notes complete  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:49:51PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> >> I believe the new implementation of that stuff is that the devel docs
> >> are built whenever the buildfarm member guaibasaurus runs for HEAD,
> >> which it seems to do on an hourly schedule.  This is definitely not as
> >> fast-responding as Peter's former custom script, but I'm not sure if
> >> it's worth thinking of another way.
> >>

> > I don't see any reason it can't run more frequently, though. Currently a run
> > takes 15 minutes or so. We could reduce that by making it skip some steps,
> > and get it down to about 10 minutes. It would be perfectly reasonable to run
> > every 5 minutes (it won't schedule concurrent runs - if the lock file is
> > held by another run it exits gracefully). Of course, that's up to Magnus and
> > Stefan.
>
> If we can make it do *just* the docs, we can certainly run it a bit
> more often. But we don't want to make it run the full set of checks
> more or less continously, since the machine is shared with a number of
> other tasks...
>
> I don't think 5 minutes is anywhere near necessary even for the docs,
> but there is a lot of room between 5 minutes and 4 hours, so we can
> definitely shorten it.

Do you want me to just setup a build on my machine like we did before;
5 minutes is no problem for me.

I use the doc build to show patch submitters what their final work looks
like, and anything more than a few minutes delay makes that useless.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Draft release notes complete
Сообщение: Re: Draft release notes complete