Re: Draft release notes complete

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Draft release notes complete
Дата
Re: Draft release notes complete  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:04:47AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > When we did the 9.1 release notes, reviewers weren't credited, and I
> > sort of assumed that policy would be the same this time around.
>
> Yes.  This seems to be a policy change that was made without notice or
> discussion, and I personally don't find it to be a good idea.  I think
> the release notes should only credit the primary author(s) of a feature.
> Face it, most people don't care about that, so we should not be
> expending much space on it.

Agreed on just using the primary author.  The first name is _always_ the
primary author, so we can just go with that.  I didn't want to do:
(Tom Lane, Robert Haas;  reviewers Bruce Momjian, Jeff Davis)

That was too complicated.

Should I make the change now?  It is easy.  Should we remove the names
completely?  We can consider going to a single name as a move toward
removing names evantually.

http://enterprisedb.com