Re: Memory Management in pqlib, Garbage Collection support

От Peter Bex
Тема Re: Memory Management in pqlib, Garbage Collection support
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 09:08:53AM +0200, Alexander Reichstadt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since I got no answer so far I searched through the docu again. I searched for GC as well as Garbage, and all garbage
refersto is with regard to vacuuming a database. But my question refers to wether or not memory management is with
garbagecollection supported or not. When I try to link against pqlib, it seems I need to have garbage collection
enabledin order for it to link. But the documentation mentions it nowhere.

What kind of garbage collection do you need to have enabled in order to link?

C is based on manual memory-management, and you can't generally have
garbage-collection in it.  Hence, libpq is *not* garbage-collected and
your statement that it needs "garbage collection enabled" doesn't make
much sense to me.

Are you talking about libpq bindings to some other language, perhaps?

> Please, can someone confirm this or is this the wrong list?

This is the right list.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx
                            -- Donald Knuth

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: SQLSTATE XX000 Internal Error 7
От: Chrishelring
Сообщение: Re: Uppercase to lowercase trigger?