Re: Request to add options to tools/git_changelog

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Request to add options to tools/git_changelog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 02:06:48PM -0400, Jay Levitt wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >I am again requesting the addition of options to tools/git_changelog so
> >I can more easily produce the release notes.  I asked for this during
> >9.1 development and it was rejected.  I am currently using my own
> >custom version of the tool, but have to merge community improvements
> >into the tool every year before I use it.
>
> FYI in the general case of "I have to maintain a patch set": Now
> that PG is on git, there's a tool called Stacked Git that lets you
> use git's excellent merge capabilities to maintain patches.
>
> http://www.procode.org/stgit/

I am unclear what stgit does that can't be done with git branches?  It
mentions pushing and popping patches --- is that it?

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: extending relations more efficiently
Сообщение: Re: extending relations more efficiently