Re: How to repair Pg 9.1?

От Dmitry E. Oboukhov
Тема Re: How to repair Pg 9.1?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> What can I do in the situation?

> Well, what happened is quite clear. One of the processes was terminated
> by the OOM killer. The database noticed this and responded properly by
> restarting the database. That caused a proper recovery - you don't need
> to "repair" the database.

> What you need to do is change the machine configuration so that the OOM
> errors do not happen. I don't know what's running on the machine, but
> this usually means tweaking the vm.* parameters at the kernel level and
> shared_buffers/work_mem/maintenance_work_mem at the PostgreSQL level.

> In this particular situation (ALTER TABLE) I'd use a low value for the
> maintenance_work_mem parameter - it'll run longer but won't need that
> much memory.

> Tomas

I've just upgraded my postgresql upto current wheezy version
(9.1.3-2/Debian): I wanted to get backtrace so it was upgraded when I
installed postgresql-dbg package. After upgrading it discontinued
segfault and began work fine.
:)
--

. ''`.                               Dmitry E. Oboukhov
: :’  :   email: unera@debian.org jabber://UNera@uvw.ru

Вложения