Re: BUG #6528: pglesslog still referenced in docs, but no 9.1 support

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #6528: pglesslog still referenced in docs, but no 9.1 support
Дата
Re: BUG #6528: pglesslog still referenced in docs, but no 9.1 support  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 10:10:34AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:00 AM,  <stuart.bishop@canonical.com> wrote:
> > The following bug has been logged on the website:
> >
> > Bug reference:      6528
> > Logged by:          Stuart Bishop
> > Email address:      stuart.bishop@canonical.com
> > PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
> > Operating system:   Ubuntu
> >
> > In section 24.3.5.1 of the docs on setting up continuous archiving, there
> > are a few paragraphs and examples for using pglesslog (pg_compresslog and
> > pg_decompresslog). This tool did not get out of beta for 9.0 and the only
> > reports I find for 9.1 are for not being able to compile it. Suggest
> > removing it from the docs unless someone wants to pull this tool into the
> > core.
>
> This complaint appears to be accurate.  I think we should go ahead and
> remove that mention.

Agreed;  removed with the attached patch.  I didn't bother keeping the
gzip mention because I assume there is little value to using without
pglesslog.

Вложения