Re: GROUP BY or alternative means to group

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: GROUP BY or alternative means to group
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 16:18:05 -0400,
   Michael Gould <mgould@isstrucksoftware.net> wrote:
>You need to include all columns that are not aggregrative columns in the group by.  Even though that is the standard
itis a pain to list all columns even if you don't need them

In later versions of postgres this is relaxed a bit. If you are grouping
by a primary key, you don't need to group by columns that are fixed
by that key. For example the following query is accepted in 9.1 as gameid
is a key for games and hence we don't need to also group by ga,es.title.

SELECT games.gameid, games.title
   FROM games, crate
     WHERE
       games.gameid = crate.gameid
       AND
       games.contact = 'BOB'
       AND
       crate.touched >= current_timestamp + '4 year ago'
   GROUP BY games.gameid
   HAVING count(1) < 30
   ORDER BY games.gameid
;

От: Lukas Eklund
Сообщение: Resize numeric column without changing data?
От: Francois Lacoursiere
Сообщение: My main/base/pgsql_tmp directory has over 5.7 millions files