Re: OSCon and SouthEast LinuxFest

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: OSCon and SouthEast LinuxFest
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 11:08:05AM -0400, Michael Alan Brewer wrote:
> Won't be attending OSCON, but if I were, I'd be up for booth duty
> there (as it felt very strange *not* to have one at OSCON). I think
> one of the main problems with PGDay is the competing with the
> leadership conference; I'd almost rather not have PGDay and have a
> bigger BOF.

I attended the Leadership conference once and was not impressed, but of
course that conference is not targeted at me.

I attend few generic open source conferences, but found that the
conference I attended in Montreal was much more interesting than OSCON,
I think because it was more practical and less focused on cutting-edge
stuff:

    http://confoo.ca/en

My point was just that we should decide now what we want to do at OSCon,
rather than waiting until it is too late.

> Re: SELF: I should be able to help with booth detail there (at least
> on Saturday, if nothing else). I've been to one SELF before (having
> somewhat infamously brought a tuba for booth bling); it's a fairly
> nice conference (and seems to be growing in popularity every year). I
> look forward to seeing you there! :)

Yes, I am looking forward to it.  I think they are announcing speakers
in the next week or two, and I submitted some presentations.

Сообщение: Re: OSCon and SouthEast LinuxFest
Сообщение: Re: OSCon and SouthEast LinuxFest