Re: Tablespaces on a raid configuration

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: Tablespaces on a raid configuration
Дата
Re: Tablespaces on a raid configuration
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 02:45:36PM +0000, Campbell, Lance wrote:
> PostgreSQL 9.0.x
> When PostgreSQL  storage is using a relatively large raid  5 or 6 array is there any value in having your tables
distributedacross multiple tablespaces if those tablespaces will exists on the same raid array?  I understand the value
ifyou were to have the tablespaces on different raid arrays.  But what about on the same one?

> Thanks,
>
> Lance Campbell
> Software Architect
> Web Services at Public Affairs
> 217-333-0382

I have seen previous discussions about using different filesystems versus
a single filesystem and one advantage that multiple tablespaces have is
that an fsync on one table/tablespace would not block or be blocked by
an fsync on a different table/tablespace at the OS level.

Regards,
Ken

От: "Campbell, Lance"
Сообщение: Tablespaces on a raid configuration
От: Greg Spiegelberg
Сообщение: Re: Tablespaces on a raid configuration