Re: Backing up through a database connection (not pg_dump)

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Backing up through a database connection (not pg_dump)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Tim Uckun (timuckun@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM, David Boreham <david_list@boreham.org> wrote:
> > fwiw we run db_dump locally, compress the resulting file and scp or rsync it
> > to the remote server.
>
> I wanted to see if I can do that without running pg_dump on the remote
> server. That would involve connecting to the server via ssh and I want
> to see if there is a way to avoid that.

Well, sure, run pg_dump on the local system and have it connect to the
remote server..  The result would end up on the local system, of course.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Backing up through a database connection (not pg_dump)
Сообщение: Re: Backing up through a database connection (not pg_dump)